Tuesday 6 September 2016

'Harriet' by Laura Drever


'Harriet' by Laura Drever
I am a painter of landscape so when I saw this month's theme I thought it would be a real challenge to do a traditional self portrait. I haven't painted like this for 14 years so wasn't quite sure what would happen! While I was painting I used similar methods to my usual practice until my eye made me look that bit closer - my expression, my life lines.
When finished I thought it looked really like my mum so was excited to show hwer - her first comment was "Goodness Laura, that look likes my mum!" Mum's mum sadly died when mum was a young teenager - I have named it 'Harriet' in loving memory of my Granny. xx

Here is the final piece in colour...


The portrait being made...













SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment