Saturday 6 October 2012

INDIAN MARKETS BY AMANDA PRIEST

These beautiful photographs are submitted by a newbie to Art Club, Amanda Priest.  Thanks Amanda!
 
"These are some photos from my trip to India.  The first images were taken when we were shopping for textiles.  I went to India with a group of textile artists so we did a lot of this.  You would get invited into a shop or stall, often a decked out shipping container and you would be given a cup of chai and then shown hundreds of different textiles from pashminas to doona covers, saris, antique pieces (that were pretty amazing) and so on, after about half an hour the entire thing is a blur, hence the photos!

The second ones were taken at a roadside camel market, these pop up around the place as you are driving along. I was in Rajasthan somewhere on the road when I took these.

The third one I took in a market also, a large group of women walked by and they looked so beautiful and colourful in their sari's that I had to snap a shot. The blur is probably a good example of what visiting a market anywhere in India feels like! It truly is an incredible place, I loved it."
 



No comments:

Post a Comment