Thursday 4 October 2012

DUBAI SOUKS BY GILLIAN NIX

Hello lovely people.  Here are a few photographs that I am submitting for this month's market theme. 
 
I took these images last Easter from the Dubai markets, or 'souks' as they are called in the Middle East.  I love how market traders display their goods and whatever market I go to I like to look at how things are placed and displayed.  On this particular visit to Dubai I was really getting a kick out of photographing things that were lined up.  Now, over a year and a half since living in the Middle East these images are bringing back lots of memories of smells, sounds, haggling and sights!  I wish I had bought more!
 
In my opinion one of the best things to do in Dubai is to visit the old part of the city and wander through the various souks.  There is the Gold Souk and the Spice Souk on one side of the river, then once you are done there, you can catch a little motorised float to the other side and wander around the other souks, which sell everything and anything (it might be called the Textiles Souk, but I suppose you could call it the 'everything else souk').
 
Hope you like them x
 
 
 









 






No comments:

Post a Comment