Saturday 28 July 2012

TARAX CREAMY SODA BY BELINDA ASHE

I was allergic to everything as a child. So there were a few special treats afforded to my brother and I, as we had to forgo standard household staples like ice-cream, green cordial and those pickled gherkins in a jar. My favourite treat was the now (sadly) unavailable Tarax Creamy Soda from a can, not a bottle (they taste different!!). You could buy them in a slab of 24 cans and the flavour is still far superior to anything you can purchase in supermarkets today.


1 comment:

  1. Well said Belinda, even if I'm 7 years late to comment.
    The creamy soda available today is putrid; although the Schweppes brand is close to the tarax recipe, and passable.
    But as I approach 50, i still yearn for the lost days of the 70s and 80s, and these simple pleasures taken away from us by corporate greed.

    ReplyDelete