Thursday 17 November 2016

'Purple Panache' by Gillian Nix


Here is my submission for the Purple theme - a giant paper mach purple pencil! I've named it 'Purple Panache' and it measures 60cm tall, and is made of paper, acrylic paint and PVA glue. I kind of doubled up projects this month. My Grade 3 Art class have been making these giant pencils and I made this as an example, deciding to paint it purple to fit in with the theme. The students are really loving making their pencils and are excited about naming their colours and writing them down the side of their sculptures!

I am late in submitting this month, because I actually spelled 'Purple' wrong on the pencil and I had to re-do it. A Grade 3 student pointed out my spelling mistake...slight embarrassing!  

My daughter, Alice has claimed the pencil as her own now!


No comments:

Post a Comment