Monday 3 February 2014

REPETITION/ BEARDIE MEN IN WOOLY JUMPERS BY GILLIAN NIX

Hi everyone,
 
I finally got around to finishing up this month's (cough, last month's) art work for 'Repetition'. 
 
I was back in Scotland in July last year and came across a curious little book all about traditional knitting patterns, see here.  In the book were some pretty groovy looking guys that were modelling the jumpers. I loved their cool haircuts and the facial hair combos, as well as the beautiful patterns of the jumpers.  I took some photos of the book during my visit for use at a later date, and ta-dah, I found a use. 
 
Repetition can describe the repetition of the patterns on the jumpers, or the very repetitive act of lino carving and printing.  I hope you like it!


 
Printing...
 
Lino detail...
 
I made a few drawings using black ink....

The original ink drawing of the one I took into lino...
 
Original source photographs from the book (with Gracie hovering around)...

No comments:

Post a Comment