Friday 22 November 2013

'PAINTING IS THE GOOD LIFE' BY GILLIAN NIX

This month's submission is a self portrait painted with oil on A3 board.  For me, the simple and joyful act of painting has been the epitome of the Good Life this month.  I have had very little experience with oil paints and just last week I attended an oil painting session for teachers who want to work with oil paints in the classroom.  It sort of gave me the urge to do a little bit more, and this week I have had a go at a quick self portrait.  This took me about an hour.  It was a lovely hour and I enjoyed every minute of the time.  My dream of 'The Good Life' would be all day, every day making Art and being creative.

Hope you like it!

Gillian 

 I've given myself a very long nose and a strangely large eye on one side...


I love the colour and texture of oil paint...

2 comments:

  1. lovely! -- Anna

    ReplyDelete
  2. we all need a srangely large eye on one side to keep a look out for danger.. love it- even though I see you as a much happier individual than this alludes to - I am looking forward to class 1 in 2014 - self portraits- Jen :)

    ReplyDelete